Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Best Ice Cream ever!

I've probably chosen to write about ice cream today because it's a hot summery day here in Tassie and I'm stuck in my office - looking longingly out the window wishing I was lollygagging in a hammock, eating DELICIOUS VALHALLA ICE CREAM! Yes, I have found the holy grail of ice cream makers right here in Tasmania, right here in Hobart actually - Valhalla. Their ice creams are so good, I can't even choose one flavor as "the greatest ice cream ever". They are ALL good. I suspect the reason for their greatness is that they use mounds of whole cream in their ice cream, probably taking years off my life as I speak, but I don't care. It is creamy, creamy goodness. In my short time in Tassie, I have tried many flavors, including:
-Blackberry cheesecake (divine!)
-Raspberry cream (excellent!)
-Carmel fudge (carmelly goodness)
-Jamaican coffee (oi!)
-Ferrero Rocher (seriously, why has no one else thought of this?? Brilliant!!!)
-Chocolate (the grand-daddy of chocolate ice creams - and I am very particular about chocolate ice cream)

If any of you ever make Down Under, make the trip to Tassie and try Valhalla ice cream. Your arteries may hate you for it, but your stomach will love you forever.

1 comment:

Carbon Freeze said...

your blog is AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME